Ep. 94: Teen Love & Snapchat
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Anyone who was young and in love once can remember the all-consuming passion of teenage romance. But is teen love real? Does it last? Chris and Karlie pull back the curtain on teen love and what happens after graduation.
They’ll give you a rundown of the key features of Snapchat and potential risks and benefits. Plus, don’t miss our top list of curious questions for starting a conversation about one of the most popular social media apps in the app store.
- Better Help: Is teen love real and can it last?
- Teen Life Podcast: Dating Relationships | Dating | Dating at School & Valentine’s Day | Snapchat
- Common Sense Media: Parents’ Ultimate Guide to Snapchat
- Officer Gomez’s Facebook: The secret Snapchat photo vault
- Lubbock Christian University: Youth Ministry Degree
- LCU Contact: David Fraze
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Questions for teens about Snapchat:
- Do you believe your content is safer because it disappears?
- Have you ever screenshot something on snapchat? Did you know that there are apps that help you screenshot without notifying the other person?
- Have you ever been pressured to send inappropriate content through Snapchat?
- Do you ever feel stressed or pressured to get on by notifications or snapstreaks?
- Is there a healthy boundary we can set for snapchat?
- What are your privacy settings? Do you mind if we check those to make sure you are staying safe?
- Do you know who Snapchat shares your data with? How does that make you feel?
Director of Communications