Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Many teenagers suffer from moderate to severe anxiety. In episode 103 of the podcast, we’ll share symptoms to look for and ways that you can support teens throughout adolescence.
We’ll also talk about the growing number of teens taking gap years and whether or not a gap year may be a good solution for your family!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- AACAP: Your Adolescent – Anxiety and Avoidant Disorders
- Counseling Today: Five Pragmatic Tools to Become a Non-Anxious Presence
- USNews: How a Gap Year Prepares Students for College
- Teen Life Podcast: Anxiety with Mark DeYoung | Back-to-School Anxiety | Social Awkwardness | Mental Health Update | Meditation
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.