What takes a kid from being a “striver” to being a “thriver”?
Dr. Michele Borba is an educational psychologist, best-selling author, and TODAY show contributor who has spoken to over one million participants on five continents and to countless media about child development issues.
We know you’ll enjoy this episode from May 2021, when Chris talks with Dr. Borba about the 7 teachable traits that, when combined with a caring adult, become the keys to resilience.
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Teen Life Podcast: Episode 5: Developing Thrivers with Dr. Michele Borba
- Dr. Michele Borba: www.micheleborba.com
- Thrivers: Buy the book
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience: Buy the book
- The Outsiders: Buy the book
- Wonder: Buy the book
- Harry Potter: Buy the books
- To Kill A Mockingbird: Buy the book
- The Grapes of Wrath: Buy the book
- Lubbock Christian University: Youth Ministry Degree
- LCU Contact: David Fraze
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.