Podcast: Play in new window | Download
With over 70% of kids under the age of 18 playing video games, gaming is a topic worth talking about for parents and anyone who works with teens. Chris and Karlie talk pros and cons of internet gaming, as well as current game trends you should know about. Be sure to listen to the end for Karlie’s killer food tip for winning over teens.
All Teen Life Summit sessions are available on demand until August 10. Register and watch at any time. Use code podcast20 for $20 off!
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Newport Academy: The Latest Research on Teenage Video Addiction
- American Psychiatric Association: Internet Gaming
- Washington Post: My kids’ online gaming drove me crazy- until I joined them
- National Geographic: How video games can help kids socialize during this isolated time
- bark.us: How To Set Up Call Of Duty Parental Controls
- Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop, Colleyville, TX: Order a Peach Pie
- Karlie’s Brookie Recipe:
- Prepare a 9×13 pan…
- Add a thin layer of chocolate chip cookie dough (a 16 oz package of refrigerated dough or your favorite recipe).
- Add a layer of Oreo cookies (about 24 cookies).
- Add a layer of brownie mix (any box mix works, just make it according to the package).
- Cook at 350* for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- spendwithpennies.com: Pulled Pork Recipe
- Luke Cabrera: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.