Story-telling is a powerful tool, especially when working with teenagers. In this episode, Dr. Michael Arnold joins Chris to discuss Narrative Therapy and how you can use stories to start conversations and deepen relationships with teenagers. Don’t panic about Narrative Therapy, even you can utilize the power of story and metaphors!
- What Narrative Therapy is and how it can be used in counseling and everyday life.
- The 3 stages of Narrative Therapy.
- How we can help students reconstruct their story.
- Why story is so important in our culture.
- How you can use Narrative Therapy to build deeper relationships with teenagers.
- Am I taking time to be still and just listen?
- What do I want to change about my own story?
- What do you want this to mean in the future for you?
- Is there anything that you want to be different in your story?
Michael Arnold, Psy.D., M.A.C.L. is a licensed clinical psychologist in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with over 17 years of education, training, and professional experience in providing psychological services for individuals, couples, and groups. Dr. Arnold is the founder of Alliance Counseling and Psychological Services in Southlake, Texas. He believes that therapy should consist of creating a safe and supportive environment to promote one’s ability to thrive in response to life’s challenges.