Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Do you know a teen who loves sneakers? Listen for insights into the world of “sneakerheads” and why for some it’s more than just a hobby.
We also give practical advice about how to handle problems when you’re too close to the issue- and how to help teenagers do the same.
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- EthanKross.com – Chatter
- Urban Dictionary: sneakerhead
- Your Teen Magazine: What Is a Sneakerhead? Our Family’s Sneaker Collecting Hobby (and Obsession)
- BusinessInsider: Sneaker reselling Side Hustle
- Google: SafeSearch
- BusinessInsider: How to use Google SafeSearch to filter explicit search results for kids
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.