Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Energy drinks have increased in popularity in recent years, especially among teens. But are they really healthier than soft drinks? Chris and Karlie talk about why energy drinks are on the rise and whether or not adolescents should be consuming them.
They’ll also take a look at the most recommended breathing techniques for reducing stress. Controlled breathing is a free, easy-to-implement resource for combatting stress and anxiety. Why not add it to your toolbox?!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- WebMD: Breathing Techniques for Stress Relief
- CNN: When stress is coming at you from all sides, it’s time for a breather. Here are 6 ways to take a break
- Very Well Mind: 9 Breathing Exercises to Relieve Anxiety
- Inc: A Stanford Neuroscientist Says This Simple Breathing Exercise Is Like a Kill Switch for Stress
- Wim Hof Method
- CDC: The Buzz on Energy Drinks
- NIH: Energy Drinks
- Lubbock Christian University: Youth Ministry Degree
- LCU Contact: David Fraze
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.
As I listened, I tried a couple of the techniques and felt my Covid symptoms subside! Great pidcast