Can unplugging for a day really make a difference in a constantly connected world? We talk digital detox in episode 45 of the Teen Life Podcast! Stay tuned for insights into trending phenomenon, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR), and how to fail like a champ. If you’re not familiar with the weird science behind why whispers and haircuts are so relaxing, you’re in for a treat!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- YouTube: Why You Should Do A Digital Detox – Cal Newport
- YouTube: Can a Digital Detox reset your thinking? – A conversation with Cal Newport on Social Media
- NPR: Craig Richard: Whispers and haircuts — the science of ASMR
- Man of Many: 31 Best ASMR Artists: The Top Channels on Youtube
- TikTok: @oldtimehawkeye
- Instagram: Mikaela Shiffrin Post
- Today.com: Mikaela Shiffrin on her Olympics
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.