Ep. 46: The Importance of Hope & War
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Hope is one of the top indicators of mental health, but for many teens it can feel out of reach. Chris and Karlie share practical ideas for encouraging and teaching teens to be hopeful. They also take a look at social media’s effect on how teens see war and how they filter news sources. Don’t miss these useful tips for talking about the war in the Ukraine with teens. Be sure to listen to the end for this week’s tip on identifying triggers, too!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Teen Life Podcast: Ep. 39: Athletics & Monetization of Youtube
- Teen Life Podcast:Ep. 40: Preparing to Launch & The Sex Talk
- USAToday: Why It’s So Important to Hope
- Psychology Today: Why Hope Matters
- Trinity Portfolio Advisors
- Topgolf: teenlife.ngo/topgolf
- Harvard: Pinker Explains “The Long Peace”
- Instagram: Fake Tweet Post
- Sharon McMahon: website
- Instagram: @sharonsaysso
- Instagram: Cherish on The SCARF Trigger Framework
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.