Ep. 12: Pronouns & Summer Activities
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
When it comes to the mental health of our teenagers, we can’t ignore the LGBTQ youth. In this week’s podcast episode, Chris and Karlie discuss pronouns and how mental health is impacted when pronouns are respected. Also, get ideas for family fun that will have even your teens smiling. Make sure to listen till the end for this week’s tip for helping teens manage their social media.
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- The Trevor Project: National Survey on LGBTQ Youth Mental Health 2021
- Pew Research Center: Gen Z more familiar with gender-neutral pronouns
- The Trevor Project: Research Brief: Pronouns Usage Among LGBTQ Youth
- Insider.com: What you should know about gender pronouns, how to use them, and why they’re important
- New York Times: NeoPronouns Explainer
- Podcast Music: Luke Cabrera
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.