Ep. 54: Mental Health Awareness & Booktok
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Even now, there are many misconceptions about mental health problems and their treatment. Join Chris and Karlie as they talk about common myths versus the reality of mental health issues.
Then, have you heard of BookTok? Don’t miss this overview of the latest social media trend to hit TikTok.
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- MentalHealth.gov: Mental Health Myths & Facts
- NAMI: 2020 Mental Health by the Numbers
- Texas Health & Human Services: Mental Health Counseling Services for Children
- The Teen Magazine: 6 books to read for mental health awareness month
- Refinery29: BookTok Is The Last Wholesome Place On The Internet
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.