Ep. 17: BFFs & Explicit Music
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s no secret that teens place high importance on their friends, but did you know that it’s a need rooted in biology? Don’t miss the conversation on BFFs and why they might be a survival skill for adolescence. Also in this episode, we explore the effect of explicit lyrics on teenagers and how you can help.
All Teen Life Summit sessions are available on demand until August 10. Register and watch at any time. Use code podcast20 for $20 off!
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- moms.com: Why Friendships are More Important than Parents to Teens
- Arnold Palmer Hospital: Why your teenager’s friendships are more important than you realize
- Very Well Family: How to Talk to Your Teen About Friendship
- Episode 15: Gaming & Food that Slaps: Brookie Recipe
- Top Singles Analysis (2017)
- Reddit: Taylor Swift cursing by album
- Digital Music News: The FCC has received over 1,000 complaints about Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s “WAP” performance at the Grammy Awards.
- Luke Cabrera: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.