Don’t Panic about Snapchat
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Snapchat is an app that has caused great anxiety for adults and especially the parents of teenagers. In this episode, Chris and Karlie discuss the phenomenon of Snapchat, the pros and cons of the app, and how to have beneficial conversations with teenagers about Snapchat. Don’t panic about Snapchat, we’ve done our research and are here to help!
In this episode, you’ll find out…
- The historical context of Snapchat.
- Snapchat 101 – a brief guide if you’ve never used the app.
- Why Snapchat is so popular among teenagers.
- The pros and cons of the app.
- How to talk to teenagers about Snapchat.
- Have I researched Snapchat or tried it myself?
- Am I willing to have a conversation with my teen before panicking about Snapchat?
Go ask a teen…
- What about Snapchat makes it better than other apps?
- How does Snapchat work? Can you show me?
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Snapchat Website:
- Blog: Adam Mclane
- Review: iParent.tv
- Website: dontpanicpodcast.org
- Music: Under the Chandeliers
Karlie Duke started working as Teen Lifeline’s Communications Director after graduating from Abilene Christian University with a degree in Communications with a minor in Family Studies. Karlie has worked with teenagers for the past 5 years and is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram!