Students are more stressed than ever and technology continues to evolve in ways that make the slide from academic stress to cheating a very slippery slope. So how can we help? In episode 107, we’ll start with what to look for to spot cheating in the classroom. We’ve also got a few ideas on how to stop it before it starts.
It’s not just teenagers who are cheating lately. The same technology that makes cheating easy also makes creating deep fakes a reality you’ll soon face, if you haven’t already. AI hoaxes are more common than ever and they’re making it hard to know what’s real and what’s not. Listen for tips on how to protect yourself and what you should be discussing with your teenagers.
- ProctorEdu: Academic Dishonesty Statistics
- Public School Review: Cheating Scandals in Public Schools Grow Exponentially
- VeryWellFamily: 10 Reasons Why Cheating Is Wrong: Talking Points for Parents to Share With Teens
- Merriam-Webster: Deepfake
- Time: The Drake and The Weeknd AI Song Is Just the Tip of the Iceberg
- NPR: That panicky call from a relative? It could be a thief using a voice clone, FTC warns
- Business Insider: What are deepfakes? How fake AI-powered media can warp our perception of reality
- Teen Life Podcast: Chat GPT
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Director of Communications