Do you know the warning signs that your teen is using drugs? In episode 51, Chris and Karlie discuss marijuana laws, use and paraphernalia. They take a quick dive into what to look for and how to talk with your teen about the effects of marijuana use on teens. You’ll also get an update on social media trends, specifically in TikTok. Then, don’t miss Karlie’s tip this week on how to read and listen to more books for free!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- History.com: The Hazy History of ‘420’
- Teen Life Podcast
TL Selects: Substance Abuse with Sara Kaylor
Episode 16: Role Models & Drug Slang
Episode 30: Red Ribbon Week & Trending Shows
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS): Marijuana Laws
- VeryWellFamily: Teen Drug Use Warning Signs
- DrugFree.org: Marijuana: What You Need to Know to Help Protect Children, Teens and Young Adults
- Nylon.com: TikTok Expands Stories Feature in Battle Against Instagram
- Libby App
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.