Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In honor of National Red Ribbon Week (00:19), Chris and Karlie talk drug trends, drug use among teenagers, and ways to celebrate Red Ribbon Week. Plus, get our honest review of the recent release Dear Evan Hansen and the remake of The Wonder Years (11:14).
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- National Day Calendar: Red Ribbon Week
- Red Ribbon Website
- Teen Life Podcast Episode 16: Role Models and Drug Slang
- Teen Life Podcast Episode 10: Searching for Identity and Vaping
- JustThinkTwice.org: Sample Student and Parent Red Ribbon Week Pledges
- DrugAbuse.gov: Stats & Trends in Teen Drug Use with Interactive Chart
- Dear Evan Hanson the Movie
- ABC.com: The Wonder Years
- Podcast Music: Luke Cabrera
Have a question?
If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.