Join us for a very relevant conversation on how to support teens as they process all kinds of grief. Then, Chris and Karlie have a brief overview of how and why books are being challenged and banned in schools and public libraries. Learn more about what you can do on behalf of your teenagers when it comes to what they are reading. Also don’t miss details on President Biden’s loan forgiveness plan and what it might mean for your student’s future,
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Teen Life Podcast: Beverly Ross | Dana Gage
- USAToday: Book bans are on the rise. What are the most banned books and why?
- The American Library Association: Censorship by the Numbers 2021
- Statista: Chart: More than 700 books banned in Texas
- whitehouse.gov: Fact Sheet: President Biden Announces Student Loan Relief for Borrowers Who Need It Most
- Washington Post: Who qualifies for Biden’s plan to cancel $10,000 in student debt?
- The New York Times: What You Need to Know About Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Director of Communications