Ep. 106: Depression & Lemon8
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Teens are known for being moody and bad humored, but 42% of today’s teenagers show symptoms of clinical depression. In episode 106, Chris and Karlie will share signs of depression versus typical teen behavior. They’ll also discuss possible steps for parents and other caring adults to take if you think a teen you love needs help.
Then, if you still don’t know much about Lemon8, you’ll want to tune in to learn more about this quickly spreading app. We’ve got details about what it is and how teens are using it.
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Mental Health America: Depression in Teens | Depression Screening
- Nemours Teen Health: Depression: What You Need to Know | Talking to Parents About Depression
- Teen Life Podcast: Suicide Prevention | Suicide Terms | Suicide | Leslie Culver | Becky Taylor
- CNBC: ByteDance is pushing a new app in the U.S. as TikTok faces a ban
- Next Gen Now Podcast: Spotify | Apple Podcasts
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.